Massage can help to relax tight muscles, alleviate stress, help rid your body of toxins and speed healing. When used in conjunction with chiropractic lifestyle care, it can help you achieve optimum health. Our office provides a very professional environment for massage therapy that you can trust.
A therapeutic full body massage that includes long sweeping strokes, as well as kneading, friction, vibration or tapping to release sore or tight musculature. It helps to improve circulation, move lymph, and create a deep state of relaxation.
Benefits of Swedish Massage:
- Help you relax and clear the body and mind of stress
- Give you more energy
- Rehabilitation for muscle injuries
- Increased flexibility
- Improves immune system
Deep Tissue Massage
A deep tissue massage includes the Swedish techniques above, while also utilizing others such as compressions, glides, and friction to aid in slowly relaxing and softening focused areas of tension in the body. The depth of pressure is based on the tissue response and the client’s individual needs.
Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage:
- Alleviate chronic pain
- Break up scar tissue
- Rehabilitation for muscle injuries
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces anxiety and stress
Myofascial Release Therapy
Fascia is connective tissue, an intricate webbing, that wraps muscle fibers, innervates bone and organs, and is woven all throughout the body. Oftentimes, there can be stiffening and tension in the fascia, which can cause constriction, discomfort or pain, and restrict range of motion. Fascia acts as a support for the body. In myofascial release, light touch, which often feels like a gentle stretch, is applied to release constrictions in the body, bring fluidity, releasing tension and creating a greater sense of ease, while also allowing space for the muscles to relax into.
Benefits of Myofascial Release
- Improve range of motion
- Reduce Soreness
- Increase the body’s natural recovery process
- Improve circulation
- Reduce stress and help with overall relaxation
Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy (BCST)
BCST is a gentle, hands-on therapy that relieves tension within the structures and tissues surrounding the central nervous system promoting whole body health and proper function. Through skilled, therapeutic touch, the practitioner listens to the body’s expressions of health and facilitates the natural reorganization towards health, across the body’s tissues, fluids, nervous system, energetic and emotional layers. This helps to relieve stress, pain, trauma, tensions or patterns of inertia and congestion.
Alison is currently in training with The Wellness Institute. For more information about BCST, visit their website https://www.wellnessinstitute.net/web/craniosacral_therapy
Benefits of Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy:
- Assist the body’s natural healing process
- Increase physical vitality and well-being
- Encourages the nervous system, organs and musculoskeletal system to balance and heal
- Improve sleep
- Aid in pain relief
Gentle and nurturing, prenatal massage focuses on the needs of the mother and can relieve the discomforts associated with pregnancy. It increases the mother’s awareness to her areas of tension and is an important practice before the birth experience.
Benefits of Prenatal Massage:
- Helps relieve nausea
- Increases circulation
- Increases flow of nutrients to the placenta
- Aids in postural alignment
- Helps relieve joint discomfort
- Opens chest for a deeper breathing
- Relieves minor edema by aiding venous return
- Fetus receives gentle massage and relaxation benefits
Massage in the postpartum period helps bring the body into its pre-pregnancy alignment. A massage within the first week of postpartum feels wonderful. It flushes lactic acid out of the tissues relieving sore and achy muscles.
Benefits of Postpartum Massage:
- Supports and enhances the realigning process, with a focus on the pelvis and ribs
- Assists breastfeeding, alleviating tightness, helps with some breastfeeding difficulties
- Aids in the process of the uterus returning to its normal size
- Helps relieve tension from the birth process
- Helps the mother regain vital energy to help reduce fatigue
- Supports fluid balancing
- Encourages pelvic and abdominal organs to return to pre-pregnant positions